Tuesday, November 27, 2007

my english class

So I realized that it sucks having your least favorite classes also be your first classes of the day. Extremely bad luck that out of 5 classes, I really only dislike 2, and one is my first class on MWF, the other if my first class on TR, lucky me.

So my English class which is on TR is my definite least favorite, it's pretty much stupid. Like, I liked it at first at the beginning of the semester...before it got stupid lol. We even played fun little 'get to know each other' games on the first day of class (probably a bad sign). I've realized this class is so stupid because it's a lot like high school, and even though I've never been to high school, I somehow still know...

So we played a 'get to know you' game on the first day, where we all arranged our desks in a circle and the first person said their name and something about themselves. The second person had to repeat the name and the thing about the first person, and give their name and something about themselves, and so on. I mean, it worked, I know everyone's names in the class, but it felt juvenile even then, and especially now looking back on it lol.

We spend probably 10-15 minutes at the beginning of each class talking about irrelevant things to the class. The professor makes minor attempts to control the class and start the lesson plan but the students end up running most of it.

It is my highest maintenance class, and by high maintenance I mean we have an assignment due every class, lots and lots of busy work. A lot of it is just that, stuff to keep us busy even though we don't really learn anything from it. Frequent quizzes, righting assignments, editorials, etc. It's unproductive in my opinion.

The only thing I've really learned in this class is that I hate doing rhetorical analysis es and that research papers suck, but I do enjoy writing when it's something I want to write about...but I already knew that. I ended up writing my research paper on the federal government, basically copy and pasted everything I blogged about, rearranged it some and turned it in. lol sigh...we'll see.

Anyways I won't be sad when this class is over in 2 weeks.

No comments: