Wednesday, June 25, 2008

success

Got test 3 back today, 96 is the verdict. I was very surprised. Very pleased, but also very surprised. Mostly because I didn't feel that much better about knowing the material than I did on test 2. I may well have, and that may have been the main factor in the difference in grades, but I can't help but feel like there must have been something else. My brother in law (who originally suggested I actually see him in his office to talk about my grades/concerns) mentioned that in Law school, you don't put your names on the test, you just use numbers, so that the professor can't make his grading personal. He thought that since they don't do that at Richland, obviously, that it could only work to my advantage, that if I were to raise concerns and basically let him know that I was very interested in doing well and was trying and wanted to know how to work harder at it, that he would take that into account when grading the test. This actually seems like it may have been the case. Or maybe I just knew all the material a lot better, or maybe it was something else lol.

In any case, now I don't have to drop the class! And you can bet I'm going to work my tail off to get a similar grade on both test 4 and the final. At least to get a passing grade in that class. I'm not taking this again. I like my free time, and my $150, thanks.

No comments: