Saturday, September 29, 2007

pandora



I'm not in my car much so I don't get the opportunity to listen to the radio to catch up with a lot of mainstream music. Even when I do get to listen to the radio I find myself disliking it more and more. I mean sure the music is great, but not when they have the same 10 songs on repeat. It's pretty unbearable. I heard about a website a few months ago that I didn't really get hooked on until just recently. http://www.pandora.com is the website and it's amazing in my opinion.

It uses the Music Genome Project which is a system that tags every song in its database with hundreds of distinct criterion. You put in a song or artist you like and it'll compile a commercial-free radio station of similar music. You can then rate the songs as 'like' or 'dislike' as you listen. Songs rated 'like' are more likely to appear next time you listen to that station and more likely to be repeated in extended listening. Songs rated 'dislike' won't show up again on that station. Creating an account with them is easy and free and allows them to save your station choices and you 'like' and 'dislike' song ratings.

Its a great way to get into a lot of non-mainstream music, which can be much better in my opinion. It's also available on a variety of special stereo systems and a variety of Sprint phones enabled for Power Vision. Everyone should bookmark this page in my opinion.

No comments: