Sunday, October 7, 2007

heroes oct 1



**WARNING: SPOILERS CONTAINED IN THIS POST**

So I decided I would start reviewing (or at least speculating about) the episodes of NBC's hit series, Heroes. Like millions of others, I got hooked on this show last season and religiously watched all the episodes in about 3 days. This new season looks like it holds promise.

So much happened in this episode....let's see, where to begin. Let's start with Claire. What a bimbo, she keeps hanging out with this guy at school and then ignores him when he brings up interesting topics. Seems like she's digging herself into a trap. Also, her car was stolen? What in the world. What I thought was funny (but actually dumb) was that she goes to her father's job, tells him the car was stolen and is like "I'll be more careful with the next one!". !!!! Who says you get another brand new car? Someone stole your car you dumb ho! Instead of pleading with your daddy to buy you a new one, call the cops!! Who steals a car on school grounds, in a parking lot RIGHT in front of the school? Then she cuts her toe off in the middle of her living room, with the dullest scissors she can find. And whats with people and leaving their windows open at night? That's just asking for creepy flying high-school kids to peep on you. Claire, in my opinion, needs to get a role real fast because this whole "waaa I wanna be myself but I can't!" emo phase is already annoying.

Maya and Alejandro...I don't even know what to think about these two. First, Maya is hot, I'm only going to say that once. Second, she is nutty. She cries tears of death! If she didn't want to kill people she should work on not being such a crybaby. And what the heck, Alejandro can contain her tears of death and it brings those people back to life?? If he can bring people she killed back to life, what's the problem? I don't get those two at all, but I hope they get into America soon so they can have a purpose also.

Peter is always awesome. Seems like he met up with some heroes during his absence and got their powers. I'm anxious to see what else he can do besides shoot energy balls or whatever. Second, he already has enough powers that he could get that box with his ID and stuff away from his captor without having to do this supposed 'job'. What he needs to do is use his powers to get with that Irish chick because she is a fox and her accent is hot.

Hiro is my second favorite hero. In the first episode I started thinking that he was going to end up being the 'Kensei' that the legends were about, and in this second episode I really started to think that, until the Englishman regenerated his arrow wounds. First, who runs up and shoots someone with bows at 10ft? Why not use a pike or a sword? And then runs off before knowing he's dead! Drive by shooting imo. I think it could be speculated that Claire is a descendant of this guy, but that's assuming that like-powers have anything to do with heredity, in which case now that I think about it, that would make the creepy highschool kid related to Nathan...in any case, I think Hiro's story is going to be really good.

And who was attacking Mrs. Patrelli? They need to introduce the villain real fast. They keep having Sylar in episode teasers but he's not in these episodes! Whoever is in this supposed group of 9, I'm really curious about. I think the person attacking Mrs. Patrelli was like, attacking her with his mind from somewhere else, causing her to inflict the damage on herself.

It's nice that Matt Parkman and Mohinder adopted Molly or whatever, but Molly is a brat (cute as a button though) and Matt is a porkchop loser who can't keep his wife. Mohinder is still cool, I like that he's working with Mr. Bennett, and that they got the Haitian working with them again.

Yep, lots of promise in these next episodes. However, what happened to Nikki and DL and Micah? They still haven't introduced them yet. I'm having a hard time remembering, but I was pretty confident that in the last episode of the first season, Matt Parkman and DL were mortally wounded. People need to die! Personally I'm not missing Micah, I hated that kid. He was such a punk kid, boy you don't talk down to your parents like that! Nikki needs to let Jessica practice some 'tough love' and teach that kid a lesson. DL was cool, they need to bring him back, although Peter has his powers now I guess so we don't really need him. And when is Peter going to go on a power trip and just trying to find all these 'heroes' just to increase his own power? Seems like something I would do in his case, not just for the raw power but just because different abilities are cool! Not the metal melting one, that's just ridiculous.

No comments: